Vaccinations are now available for a majority of the U.S. population. If you’ve gotten your vaccine, or are planning on getting vaccinated soon, you might have questions about what you can do now, as a fully vaccinated person, and continue to do to slow the spread of coronavirus. Remember, fully vaccinated people are at least 2 weeks from their second dose of the immunization.
Here’s a list straight from the CDC, regarding what you can start to do as a fully vaccinated person:
• You can gather in groups of any size without having to wear a mask or practice social distancing.
• However, you should still wear a mask when using public transportation, including buses, trains, and airplanes, and when you are in a station or airport.
• If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
• You need to pay close attention to the situation at your international destination before traveling outside the United States.
• If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
Even if you’re fully vaccinated, you should still do the following:
• You should still follow mask mandates where they are put in place by businesses, workplaces, or municipalities. For example, if a store you frequent requires masks, wear one while shopping.
• You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home.
• You will still need to follow the guidance at your workplace.
• People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken the immune system should talk to their healthcare provider to discuss their activities. They may need to keep taking all precautions to prevent COVID-19.
Staying on top of your personal and professional life can be a challenge. At The District Flats Apartments in Lenexa, Kansas, we hope to make your daily routine a bit easier with tips and tricks that can be applied to every aspect of life.