A classic Argentinian recipe, Chimichurri Sauce tastes wonderful on meat and seafood dishes, like flank steak and grilled shrimp, and vegetables, like roasted zucchini. Chalk it up to the sauce’s tangy and garlicky flavors, in addition to an abundance of herbs, which make the sauce savory and fresh, all at the same time. Plus, it’s very easy to make in your own kitchen! Here’s a quick recipe from Delish that takes just 5 minutes from start to finish, followed by a list of creative ways to savor the sauce at home.
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, firmly packed
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 2 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
1. Combine parsley, garlic, and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until herbs are finely chopped and garlic is minced.
2. Transfer herbs to a medium bowl and stir in olive oil, vinegar, and lemon zest if using. Season with salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
What to Enjoy With Chimichurri Sauce
Not sure how to enjoy your chimichurri sauce? Here are a few delicious ideas:
• Before cooking, marinate beef or chicken in it.
• Drizzle over scrambled or fried eggs.
• Mix with mayonnaise and create a sandwich spread.
• Add to a veggie-topped pizza for extra flavor.
• Use as a light and tangy salad dressing.
Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The District Flats Apartments in Lenexa, Kansas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!